Updated: Nov 27, 2019
As we start thinking about Christmas and all the organising, gift buying, food preparing and social planning involved, us Mums often forget to think about what we might want as a gift from those partners and parents in our lives.
I know that when I am asked, I usually say, 'Oh! I don't mind, I don't need anything;' whilst secretly thinking 'you better think of something wonderful to show me just how much you love, appreciate and most importantly, understand me!'
With that in mind, and to help you drop appropriate hints to those that might ask, we have compilied a range of gorgeous gifts that we thought you might just love. Get ready to leave your browser conveniently open on this page over the next month or so!
All of the following items are produced and sold by local businesses and supporters of Mums in Bath. It would be great to be able to support other local mums this Christmas.
1. Lily&Bee skincare's range of serums and balms are just divine and should definitely be on this year's wish lis
The natural Skin Lifting Serum is packed with powerful ingredients which are full of vitamins and antioxidants to keep your skin looking firm and vibrant. It is packed with great quality essential oils including geranium, lavender oil, rosemary and the very Christmassy frankincense.
The Overnight Nourishing & Restoring Balm contains a unique formula of 9 different skin-enhancing oils to nourish your skin while you sleep; unclogging pores, controlling oil production and soothing ittitation. Including black seed and centaury oils to help clear clogged pores, control oil production and soothe irritation.
At £16.99 and £14.99 respectively, these two products are great together to give you the gift of fabulous skin this Christmas.
Even better, Mums in Bath can use the coupon code 'winter19' for 20% off on their website until the end of December 2019! Check out Lily&Bee's website for their full range of products.
2. If you are a fan of the gift of jewellery then local goldsmith's Jody Cory is the place to go. Jody's range of handmade unique, beautiful jewellery is made in her workshop near the Abbey. They also sell a range of gorgeous items from other designers and offer bespoke and remodelling of existing items too. Got something sentimental that needs a new lease of life? Jody Cory is the woman to speak to. Contact them directly for more information.
I especially love Jody's own inner circle necklace, as well as the cute Reeves and Reeves Oragami Elephant earrings and the Kit Heath Coast Tumble Trio Station Gold, Rose Gold Bracelet. Prices range depending on materials and workmanship but the ones I have chosen here are all £40-£85.
3. For something gorgeous for the kitchen table, Julia Davey Ceramics sell lots of beautiful items, with designs inspired by the local area. Whether it is the perfect penguin mug for a coffee hamper gift, a beautiful jug or butter dish, or a cute trinket dish, you are bound to find something you love.
Handmade and designed by Julia herself, you really don't get more local. I quite fancy one of Julia's craft workshops in her Bear Flat shop. Visit her website to see all of her gorgeous designs.
4. Let's be honest, as much as we love Christmas, it isn't exacly a relaxing holiday for those of us who have to do the hosting. What better, then, than the gift of a massage at Bath Massage Company?
A voucher for a visit with Polly and her team in her George Street treatment rooms for a relaxing massage designed for tired, stressed and aching muscles sounds perfect to me! Prices range from £35 to £65 for a Swedish massage.
Check out the full range of services on their website.
5. Finally, a photo shoot with Spirit Photographic would be a great gift; with the added bonus of photos that you can use as gifts for other family members for Christmases and birthdays to come! Spirit Photographic offer a range of options including these fab white box images as well as family photo shoots in their comfortable and welcoming studio just off the Lower Bristol Road. You can read about our recent experience at the studio here and see the full range of options on their website. A family experience including hair & make-up for one if you book midweek is only £85 and artwork starts from £195.
I hope this has given you some inspiration for gift ideas for yourself and at the very least encouraged you to think about yourself and what lovely things you might deserve this Christmas. I am sure you will agree that we are very blessed to have so many great independent businesses in Bath and would encourage you to support them when doing your gift shopping this year.